Monday, July 16, 2007

Clicken


Clicker training is going very well. My owner takes out a whole lot of little chicken treats which are very tasty. As soon as I do something, she clicks and she gives me one. I do it and then CLICK- chicken. Sit. CLICK- chicken. OK. Come here. CLICK- chicken. Easy stuff. Up. CLICK- chicken. I keep going until I get all the chicken. I think the treats would be fine without all the clicking, but I can’t seem to break her of the habit. In fact, when she lost the clicker (under a loaf of bread on the counter) I didn’t get any treats for a whole day.

Before clicken, I used to get one treat at a time. Maybe two if one fell on the floor. Now it’s click. click, click-- chicken. I try not to do anything interesting when there’s no clicking.

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deefor.
Sure you are a smart boy. I think I need a better trainer because I can't do any trick. The best I can do is give my mom sad eyes and I get the treat!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Deefor said...

Hi Lorenza
You have your nice smile too! Since my owner got the clicker, it's treats all the time. I don't do real tricks. I just sit there or jump up. The looks doesn't work so good for me since the clicker came home.

Deefor

Johann The Dog said...

We love the clicker and would do just about anything for it! Good for you; sounds like you like it too! Would you like to exchange links?

--Woof

Johann