Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dog School

School was fun. Went with the bearded one (AKA Good Cop) Monday. Better food than in kids’ school. The class was for “Petite Pooches.” Petite yappers was more like it. Maybe they had never seen another dog before. I was at the top end of the 15 pound limit. I didn’t say a word. Not even when this curly little thing growled at me.

The Dumb Friends are not dumb. They are very nice people who find homes for dogs and cats and other animals. I saw someone taking home a new kitty who smiled at me. They also sell treats and have a pretty nice school. Maybe it’s named for the dummies in my class. Dumb name but good place.

The whole class was treats, treats, treats, with clicks. Those clickin’ chicken things. Small but tasty. First it was treats to get me look when the bearded one said my name. Duh. Then sitting and not moving till they say you can. Very difficult. And the slower I learn, the more clickin’ and chicken.

p.s. My shaggy face is on Animal Internet!

4 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deefor.
Now I know your most embarrassing moment!!
Glad you liked school, well at least the treats!!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Ume said...

hi Deefor,
u learn fast! the less u obey, the more treats u get!

Joe Stains said...

I always thought school was a pain, but I didnt realize there were a bunch of treats involved!

Jean M Fogle said...

I know what you mean about school but the treats make it very worthwhile. i have several pics of me at my blog showing how I do the tricks I learned at school
Molly
http://mollitudes.blogspot.com