Sunday, August 10, 2008

Belated NOMS

I am late. I missed NOMS (Not of My Species) Day. I couldn’t think of anyone or anything that was not my species. I have never gotten close to a cat or a squirrel. I try but they are fast. I can’t say anything nice about mosquitoes. I don’t think Great Danes are my species. But I don’t know any, except to bite them on the leg once or twice.

Then I thought of Arrow. Right under my nose. He looks like a doggie. But he doesn’t act like one. He won’t jump on the couch for pets when humans call him. He only jumps on laps with a bone or a chew in his mouth.

He attacks fake animals

He’s hard to scare and boss around. Even when I make a real mean face. He eats strange things like big chunks of hair from the wire brush! And outside he’ll drop a chicken bone for a treat when my mom says Drop It! (She wouldn’t even try that with me.)

He LIKES baths. Anything with water. He looks a lot like a penguin.


He likes to jump in the fountains in the park. If he gets loose, he won’t come back till you catch him.


What is he? I decided he is an alien from Outer Space disguised as a doggie. That’s why he’s so confused about being a real dog. He’s like from Third Rock from the Sun. Here to infiltrate the doggies—and do what???? Take us back to his Planet of the Strange Doggies??? Good thing my mom had his things cut off. What if he mated with an Earth doggie?? Too scary to think about!!!

Arrow-- trying to eat like a real doggie.

19 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deefor!
I am start thinking that Arrow came from another Planet! Now I know why he acts like he does! Ha!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Lacy said...

w00f's Deefor and Arrow, heehee me iz glad u 'plained it all...and me thinks u mite b rite, he iz NOMS....

b safe,
~rocky~

Asta said...

Deefor
Arrow sounds vewy stwange..likes bafs??I'd keep an eye on him if I wewe you..he's a pawfect NOMSSF.
Salt watew does not taste that good, but the swimming was fun
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh Deefor you are being so mean to your buddy Arrow.. He isn't an Alien he's your brother...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Casper and pals said...

Ha ha , Arrow does sound very strange- especially liking the bath thing!

woofs Casper

PS- Come and visit our bloggie to take part in our Saskatchewan quiz!

the many Bs said...

hi Deefor, we think you may be right about Arrow. now that we think about it, he does behave a lot like those people who were on Third Rock from the Sun. they were trying to fit it, but they were pretty clueless. that may be Arrow! wow! you figured it out! he's an alien. that's too cool.

woofs

Comet said...

When you figure out what kind of creature Arrow is, let me know. I think Comet is one of those things too (except he hates water)!
BLU

Chef said...

Arrow is definitely not a dog. I have no idea what he is. But he's a NOMS in a dogsuit, that's for sure. Keep your eye on him.We don't want you abducted.

xox
Chef

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Haa haa. are you sure Arrow is a NOMS. he's a cute doggie

~ Girl girl

Pedro said...

Deefor,

He is an unusual dawg. He kind of reminds me of a chesapeake retriever because he likes water so much. Isn't that unusual for a Yorkie?

Pedro

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Hehehehe! Hi Deefor! I think what the animal term you are looking for, for Arrow - well it's none other than a lap rat! No? Hehehehe, well then how about a swimming lap rat!

Hehehe! How's the advice column coming along? Are you gonna have your own section in the Colorado Newspaper soon?

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Deefor,
I agree, Arrow is probably from Uranus. That's where my 3 annoying sisters are from. Tee hee.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

Unknown said...

Perhaps he is a pupguin? A weird penguin puppy hybrid?

Your pal,

Petey

Willow the Black Dale said...

Teehee!! Deefor you really make us laugh! I think the 4X's have it right. He did come with those people from "3rd Rock from the Sun". They left him behind.....now how did that happen?
WAIT!!!!! How did your pawrents get him? Are they aliens? Deefor you better check into this.
Tail Wags,
Willow

Willie and Waylon said...

We wonder what planet he really is from....

Joe Stains said...

I never considered he may be from another world. This could explain a lot. I wonder if Tanner is from there too??

Simba and Jazzi said...

Thank you for your concern while I was unwell. Your kind words made me get better so much quicker.

Simba x

Sharon said...

Hi Deefor! Wow that Arrow is a pill isn't he? I think you may be right. What true doggie would refuse to jump up for some nice pats!

Barklove,
Rusty
http://chasingsquirrelswithrusty.wordpress.com

Dexter said...

Arrow is not quite right. You need to find out where he stores his fur suit and hide it so you can see what he really looks like.

Slobbers,
Mango